District Fellowship – COPE Adventure!
This year, our District’s Camporee will be a Fellowship Weekend that will focus on growth and team building for our District’s Scouts and Troops using COPE Activities as our main method!
What is C.O.P.E.?
COPE is an acronym for “Challenging Outdoor Personal Experience.” It is a program in the BSA that consists of group initiative games, trust events, and high and low ropes course. Some activities involve a group challenge, while others develop individual skills and agility.
A typical COPE will have participants climb, swing, balance, jump, and rappel, as well as think through solutions to a variety of challenges.
Each COPE program emphasizes eight goals:
8) and self-esteem
- Event: Lone Star District Fall Fellowship
- Cost – Youth: To be announced! It will includes registration, supplies for events, etc.
- Cost – Adult: To be announced! Includes registration, etc
- Arrival: Friday, October 25, 2019 at 5:00 PM
- Departure: Sunday, October 27 at 11:30 AM
- Location: Camp Thomas, 504 Driver Rd, Big Spring, TX 79720
- 2019 Camporee Registration Form.pdf
- Registration, signup, and payments will be handled by our Midland Office. (While the invitation is extended to everyone, registration priority will be provided to scouts from the Lone Star District)
- Camp Registrar: Gracie Quintela (432) 570-7601 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leaders Guide: 2019 Camporee Leader’s Guide.pdf
- (Check for updates, our committee is still making edits)